SAR 2019 Annual Scientific Meeting and Educational Course
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to submit topics that you would like to present for a workshop at the SAR 2019 Annual Scientific Meeting and Educational Course presented by the Society of Abdominal Radiology. This meeting will be held at the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate in Orlando, Florida, March 17 - 22, 2019.
The workshop format for 2019 will be similar to past workshops with 35-minute sessions held on Tuesday and Thursday.
Eligibility Requirements for Workshop Presenters:
- All presenters must be an active member in good standing of the SAR, ASAR, ESGAR or ESUR by the deadline for submission, May 7, 2018, and at the time of presentation. The last day to submit an SAR membership application, in order for a workshop submission to be considered for the 2019 meeting, is Monday, April 23, 2018, 5 PM CDT.
- In-training members of the Society are eligible to co-present a workshop with a senior member of the Society if they will have completed their fellowship, upgraded from MIT to SAR Active membership and are a junior faculty member at an institution at the time of presentation. Every presenter must be a board certified, actively practicing faculty member at their institution, and meet the membership requirements listed above at the time of presentation. Members-in-training who do not meet these requirements are encouraged to consider submitting an abstract for a scientific oral presentation, or scientific or educational poster exhibit. The deadline for abstract submission is at the beginning of October. Please visit the SAR website for additional information.
- In accordance with ACCME guidelines, employees of ACCME-defined commercial interests are prohibited from controlling content of accredited CME, except in a few specific situations. If you or a proposed co-presenter are an employee of a commercial interest, please contact the SAR office for approval PRIOR to submission of a workshop proposal. The ACCME defines a commercial interest as "any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients".
Guidelines for Workshop Proposals:
- Diagnostic, technical, interventional and practice management topics are all welcome. Workshops with new relevant topics, not previously presented, will be given priority. During submission you will be asked to indicate the most appropriate track for your workshop (GI, GU, general abdomen or practice management) to help coordinators construct the program. Track selection will not affect the likelihood of proposal acceptance.
- All proposals must be made using the online submission form. Emailed proposals will not be considered. Please do not email the workshop coordinators directly regarding your proposal. Questions should be directed to the SAR Office only.
- Each workshop request form must be completed in one session; you will not have the ability to edit the form at a later date.
- Only submit ONE workshop request per form. If you would like to submit multiple workshop topics for consideration, please submit multiple forms (2 max). Requests for special "tracks" or multi-part workshops will not be accepted.
- Limit to maximum of only TWO total workshop submissions per member, regardless of whether you are the main submitter or listed as a co-presenter. Please coordinate submissions with co-presenters to not exceed this limit.
- Co-presenters should submit the workshop proposal only once; each potential presenter should not submit the same workshop proposal in order to avoid duplicate submissions of the same workshop.
- Workshops are limited to three presenters, but two presenters are the norm due to the short 35-minute duration. If you do not indicate a co-presenter on your workshop form, a co-presenter will be assigned to you in order to maximize the opportunity for participation. Please be advised that if you are unwilling to have a co-presenter, your proposed workshop is less likely to be included within the program.
Because of deadlines for preparing the meeting brochure, all workshop proposals must be submitted no later than May 7, 2018, 5 PM CDT. We will NOT accept any proposal submissions beyond this deadline. Notification regarding accepted workshop proposals will be sent by the end of July at the latest.
- Workshop presenters will be required to submit their final presentation or a representative handout for the meeting app and website by the last day of the meeting.
- Workshop presenters are also responsible for paying all registration, travel and accommodation expenses for the meeting.
We look forward to your participation in the SAR 2019 Annual Scientific Meeting and Educational Course.
Bernard F. King, MD, FACR
Jonathan B. Kruskal, MD, FACR
SAR Educational Program Committee Chair
Elaine M. Caoili, MD
Rajan T. Gupta, MD