SAR 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting and Educational Course
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to submit topics that you would like to present for a workshop at the SAR 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting and Educational Course presented by the Society of Abdominal Radiology. This meeting will be held at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess in Scottsdale, Arizona, March 4 - 9, 2018.
The workshop format for 2018 will be similar to past workshops with 35-minute sessions held on Tuesday and Thursday.
Guidelines for Workshop Proposals:
- Indicate the most appropriate track for your workshop (GI, GU, general abdomen or practice management). Diagnostic, technical and interventional topics are all welcome. Workshops with new relevant topics, not previously presented, will be given priority.
- An “Essentials of Abdominal Imaging” track will focus on the basics of abdominal radiology. Specific topics for this special track are provided on the next page of this form.
- Only submit ONE workshop request per form. If you would like to submit multiple workshop topics for consideration, please submit multiple forms.
- Your “chapter” within the organization does NOT restrict your proposal, e.g. a GI chapter member is welcome to submit a workshop request on a GU topic.
- Limit to maximum of TWO total workshop submissions per member (including contributions to the Essentials track and general content). Please coordinate submissions with co-presenters to not exceed this limit.
- Co-presenters should submit the workshop proposal only once; each potential presenter should not submit the same workshop proposal in order to avoid duplicate submissions of the same workshop.
- Workshops are limited to three presenters, but two presenters are the norm due to the short 35-minute duration. If you do not indicate a co-presenter on your workshop form, a co-presenter may be assigned to you in order to maximize the opportunity for participation. Regardless of the number of workshops you submit, you cannot affiliate yourself with more than TWO other co-presenters (total) across all of the workshops you submit. Please be advised that if you are unwilling to have a co-presenter, your proposed workshop is less likely to be included within the program.
- All presenters must be a member of the SAR, ASAR, ESGAR or ESUR by the deadline for submission - May 8, 2017. The last day to submit an SAR membership application, in order for a workshop submission to be considered for the 2018 meeting, is Monday, April 24, 2017, 5 PM CDT. Please note that in-training members of the Society are prohibited from presenting.
- In accordance with ACCME guidelines, the SAR prohibits employees of commercial interests from participating as faculty at SAR meetings. The ACCME defines a commercial interest as "any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients". If you need further clarification, please contact the SAR office.
Because of deadlines for preparing the meeting brochure, all workshop proposals must be submitted no later than May 8, 2017, 5 PM CDT. We will NOT accept any proposal submissions beyond this deadline. All proposals must be made using the online submission form. Emailed proposals will not be considered. Each workshop request form must be completed in one session; you will not have the ability to edit the form at a later date. Notification regarding accepted workshop proposals will be sent by the end of July at the latest.
Please note that only digital presentations will be accepted. Each workshop room will be supplied with a computer and projector for onsite presentation(s).
Workshop presenters will be required to submit a handout for the online course syllabus. If your workshop topic is selected, the deadline to submit your syllabus material will be Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
Workshop presenters are also responsible for paying all registration, travel and accommodation expenses for the meeting.
We look forward to your participation in the SAR 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting and Educational Course.
Giles W. L. Boland, MD, FACR
Bernard F. King, MD, FACR
SAR Educational Program Committee Chair
J. Louis Hinshaw, MD
GI Workshop Coordinator
Andrew B. Rosenkrantz, MD, MPA
GU Workshop Coordinator